Decorating, Cooking, Party Ideas, Travel, and a Halloween addiction




Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fun with Pitas or Pitas 2 ways , I can't decide

I prefer the non-pocket pitas for these items, but if that's all you've got, jump right in.

1. rub pitas with garlic oil and sprinkle with herbs. chop into quarters then toast them in the oven until crispy. Add a schmear of hummas,feta, and fresh chopped parsley, and enjoy
2. Lightly toast pitas. spread with marinara, sprinkle with cheese, add chopped garlic and onions. enjoy!
No matter what kind of pizza I am eating I always sprinkle with my version of pizza seasoning... oregano, basil, margoram, and crushed red pepper...delish

Margoram is so under-rated as a spice. I personally really think it adds alot to any spice combo for Italian food.
This is also great in the summer because it's really not "cooking" just toasting and assembling. Perfect for the heat wave we've been getting. Seriously, at 8 pm it should not be 90 degrees . Hope you all are surviving the heat and maybe sitting someplace by the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment