Decorating, Cooking, Party Ideas, Travel, and a Halloween addiction




Friday, October 1, 2010

First of the Fall Flavors...

This year I will only have beer and hard cider at the party,
so we taste tested a few interesting looking ones......
I have posted real beer tasters reviews because I either like it or not, I really don't know the "proper" terms for the flavors
White Rascal- pretty good, had that Belgian White taste of orange and coriander.
Dead Guy Ale- Hubby loved, but I am not a big fan of ales... a bit too dark tasting for me
Shipyard Pumpkinhead- My favorite of the lot...a nice pie spice flavor
Saranac Pumpkin Ale- average, I would drink hard cider over this any day.

I will hopefully taste more and post pics, but I can't lie,
I will most likely just go with Woodchuck Amber cider and a beer that the hubby picks. Compromise is the name of the game. He puts up with my incessant Halloween chatter, and I indulge his beer preferences...;p

2 comments:

  1. I love autumn inspired beers. I've had the Saranac and the Dead Guy ale and I like them both. I'll have to see if I can find the other two... and use them as my halloween countdown activities! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh....good to know! I don't dig the dark stuff either...to heavy. Will have to try the Shipyard.

    ReplyDelete